This is an advanced EMDR training. The training focuses on understanding eating disorders and disordered eating using the AIP model. Understanding the underlying function of food, ingestion and body dissatisfaction related disorders allows the EMDR clinician an opportunity to appropriately apply all aspects of the 8-phases of EMDR and the 3-pronged protocol. The training focuses on all EMDR therapy phases from history gathering to reevaluation.
This training provides practical assessment ideas, interventions, and treatment approaches for eating disorder and disordered eating therapy.
Learning objectives / Les objectifs d’apprentissage
1. Identify 3 elements common in clinically diagnosed eating disorders
2. List the 8-phases of EMDR Therapy
3. Identify 3 state change exercises that can be used in the preparation phase to prepare people with eating disorders and disordered eating to do EMDR
4. Apply an understanding of the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model to create a treatment plan for working with clients with eating disorders and disordered eating.
5. Identify the appropriate application of the 3-pronged protocol for clients with eating disorders and disordered eating.
Percentage of EMDR Content: 50%