The following information is provided to assist potential presenters in providing necessary information for planning purposes. In the interest of congruency of standards, the information and guidelines presented below have been adapted from our parent affiliate EMDRIA. We pursue EMDRIA continuing education credits on behalf of the presenter; therefore, submissions MUST be in accordance with current EMDRIA policy and procedures.
Please read the application guidelines below before completing the application form.
*No changes can be made to your submission following the acceptance of the conference program committee.
Please note: For those proposals that will be retained/accepted by the Conference Committee, presenters will be invited to attend the two days of the conference at no cost. We realize the amount of work that needs to be put into a workshop and we truly appreciate your contribution! You are welcome to join us for the Education day (Friday) at the set cost for the day.
Submissions for half-day workshop, 90 minutes presentations/workshop, and research posters are accepted. When more than one person is presenting, the presentation/submission team must identify a Chair. The Chair submitting the application assumes full responsibility for communication between EMDR Canada and the Chair of the submission team.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the members of the Conference Program Committee.
- Presentations can be either in French or in English.
- If the presentation is accepted, further information will be requested to comply with the current EMDRIA Credit program application requirements. See EMDRIA website for details: www.emdria.org
***IMPORTANT DATES TO GUIDE YOU IN YOUR PLANIFICATION***
- Submissions must be postmarked before SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th, 2019.
- For accepted proposals, the required documents for EMDRIA CE Applications (DRAFT VERSION of Power Points/handouts) will be required by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18th, 2019.
- For accepted proposals, the FINAL VERSION of the documents (Official Power Points/handouts) will be required by SUNDAY FEBRUARY 23, 2020.
Mandatory information for the application
For EACH presenter:
- Name; Mailing address; Office Phone; Email
- Degree(s); License number; Professional organisation-association;
- Highest level of EMDRIA designation.
- Curriculum vitae (WORD or PDF Format)
- Short biographical statement (Max of 250 words)
- A picture of you to accompany your biography on our Conference Website
About the presentation :
- Format (All-day / Half-day / 90 minutes/ Poster)
- Language (English – French or Both)
- Percentage of EMDR Content
- Level of appeal (Introductory-Intermediate-Advanced)
- EMDR Relevance (EMDR Theory / EMDR Practice / EMDR Research / Other than EMDR)
- Any audio-visual requirements
*If your program content for your presentation has been reviewed and already approved by EMDRIA within the past 3 years, you will need the year of initial EMDRIA Credit program approval was issued and the program approval number.
In order to meet the EMDRIA Credit requirements, you must also include:
- Title of the workshop
- Topic Area (Example : Children, couple, complex trauma…)
- Workshop Abstract (Please provide a description of your presentation that will be posted on the program) – (Max of 300 words)
- Learning objectives (Submit at least 3 but not more than 5 specific objectives regarding new skills.) – (Max of 250 words)
- Content (Outline of program content that clarifies how each of your objectives will be met.)
- Timeline (Outline of program content and time schedule in 1⁄2 hour or hour-long segments)
- Bibliography (Optional)
We thank you for your submission and your desire to participate in our Annual Conference.
– The Conference Committee